- Written by Ivey Brent Laminack Ivey Brent Laminack
- Category: For Fun For Fun
- Published: 07 January 2018 07 January 2018
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 cups popped popcorn (freshly poped is best)
- 3 cups nuts - coarsely choped (we use peanuts and cashews)
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees Farenheit.
Mix: popcorn and nuts together and separate the combination into 2 square pans 13x9x2 (ok to use flat cookie sheets: a little messier, but cooks better)
Combine: brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in saucepan under medium heat.
Stir constantly until mixture boils. Let boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
Stir in baking soda until mixture foams (about 1 minute).
Pour mixture over popcorn-nuts until evenly coated.
Place pans into oven - stir mixture every 15 minutes (4x times) for an hour.
Ready to eat. Eat warm or cold.