- Written by Ivey Brent Laminack Ivey Brent Laminack
- Category: Public Policy Public Policy
- Published: 29 November -0001 29 November -0001
The electon's coming up, and it's a sorry couple of choices:
1) McCain has absolutely NO concept of how economics works. This was evidenced in the last debate where he proposed $500,000,000,000.00 to help homeowners whose property values have gone down to keep their houses. But wait.. what does the current market price of my house have to do with how much my mortgage payment is? They have nothing to do with each other. The only time current market value comes into play is when you go to sell your house.
2) Is there any evidence that Barak Obama has ever had an original thought? In his tenure in the Senate, he voted strictly along party lines and never introduced a single piece of legislation. It seems to me that if one really wants change, then one must have fresh ideas. Switching from the standard set of Republican ideas to the standard set of Democratic ideas could hardly be called true change.